Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bone Marrow Butter

I found this recipe in a cookbook called Le Pigeon. The bone marrow butter has a rich distinctive flavor. I highly recommend you use it when cooking eggs and its great in soups. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the past week


Bone Marrow Butter 

8-10 marrow bones 
2 tablespoons of butter room temperature (original recipe called for 1/4 cup)

 The marrow bones I bought from the local butcher shop were 3 inches in length I ended up using 10

  1. Preheat the oven to 350, place the bones in a shallow roasting pan and cook for 15 minutes.
  2. After 15 minutes take the bones out of the oven and allow to cool. Once bones are cooled take a knife and remove marrow from the bones and place in a food processor along with any of the  excess grease from the marrow bones. Add the butter and puree until combined.


No comments:

Post a Comment