Monday, February 24, 2014

Mashed Cauliflower & Potatoes

Mashed cauliflower was something I had to try just to see if I could possibly like it and if anyone I knew and loved could possibly like it as well. Cauliflower is one of my least favorite vegetables to eat. Its always the vegetable that gets left behind on vegetable platter and at my age I can't eat it raw anymore. If I do eat cauliflower I like it as a soup and preferably pureed.


Since I like my cauliflower in a soup and pureed and after looking at images of mashed cauliflower every where on the Internet so I decided to give it a try. But I couldn't go completely with just cauliflower and those I love, they love their mashed potatoes so its a big risk. I mean I risk them looking at me sideways, they will wonder if I have turned granola eater and why have I replaced mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower, a vegetable that gets left behind on vegetable platters for a vegetable that everyone knows and loves, the potatoe.


So I paired the cauliflower with a couple of potatoes and it was actually good, I mean it was really good. And those I love ate it up. Not too sure they will do that again but I will cook and serve this dish again, if only for myself.


Mashed Cauliflower and Potatoes

1 head of cauliflower 
2-3 potatoes 
salt & pepper 
chopped parsley 
butter or olive oil

Method:

Wash and cut cauliflower into medium even sized pieces and peel and cut potatoes the same size as cauliflower. Boil potatoes first for about 10 minutes and then add cauliflower to the pot and cook until cauliflower is done. Mash and season with salt, pepper, parsley, butter or olive oil. I poured a little extra olive oil on top of the mashed cauliflower. 



No comments:

Post a Comment